From the minute I met Dr. Teri Murphy, I knew she was going to be very special to me. She has a warm, inviting energy that is full of love and absent of any judgement. Rocket Scientist and Professor of Graduate Counseling: today we talk about SEX! How self-image is entwined with how we feel about ourselves in the bedroom. We open up about purity culture aftermath and how to not feel self-conscious during sex. Above all, Teri’s sweet wisdom is a healing salve to victims of sexual trauma.
Remember to rate + review the show!
In this episode:
- Everything is connected
- Rocket Science
- Sexual Trauma
- Victim Blaming + Rape Myths
- Purity Culture Aftermath
- My wedding night
- Our bodies want to have sex
- How to talk about it with kids + other adults
- How to not be self-conscious during sex
- What real life sex looks like
- Where are men coming from?
- Who I am is more than my physicality and my sexuality
The Lord of the Rings
The Heart + The Bottle by Oliver Jeffers