This is Anna Skates, ya’ll. Lady pastor, author, illustrator, activist, and vocalist. Occasionally all at the same time. Remember when Mr. Darcy said he had a hard time finding a truly accomplished woman? Well, here she is. We got to chat about using fashion to express your true self, what kids teach us about beauty, and why self-consciousness is actually an important part of the journey. AND. SO. MUCH. MORE. Buckle up, friend. You’re in for a treat.
Remember to rate + review the show!
In this episode:
- The power of color
- Expressing your true self through fashion
- Love of thrifting
- Being a female religious leader
- Downplaying beauty to be “professional”
- What kids teach us about beauty
- How to teach kids about self-love
- Prettiness vs. Beauty
- Beauty points to something bigger than us
- How creating art is like discovering your own beauty
- Why self-consciousness is part of the journey
- Hair + makeup as a means of expressing what’s going on inside
- How do you want to exist in the world?
- What does beauty feel like?
- How do we talk about beauty to adolescent girls in our lives?
The Liturgists Podcast - Ep. 37, The Enneagram
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
Styled: Secrets for Arranging Rooms, from Tabletops to Bookshelves by Emily Henderson
Need Hair + Makeup help?
Make an appointment:
William Edge Salon in Nashville, TN