Jessica Weckherlin Boyk is a rad hairstylist from William Edge Salon in Arlington, TX, born with a port-wine stain birthmark on the right half of her face. Overcoming bullying, figuring out there is more to who you are than what you look like, and deciding what kind of role model she wants to be have given her an interesting perspective on true beauty. I especially love when she shares her advice for young girls growing up looking different than those around them. Some adult language. Enjoy!
Remember to rate + review the show!
In this episode:
- Being born with a port-wine stain birthmark
- Growing up with a “genetic mutation” and bullying
- Who you are vs what you look like
- What is the currency that you will offer society
- How becoming a role model changes how you care for yourself
- Being a Badass
- The power of self-care
- Overcoming physical abnormalities
- It’s okay to look different
- It’s exhausting trying to be like everyone else
- Learning to be vulnerable
- What’s important is how you make others feel
Yes Please by Amy Poehler
You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
CoverGirl’s first model with Vitiligo
Tony Robbins’ Unleash the Power Within Event
Taylor // insta - @taylornick // taylornick.com
Jessica // insta - @jessicaatwilliamedge
Need Hair + Makeup help?
Make an appointment:
William Edge Salon in Nashville, TN
William Edge Salon in Arlington, TX
Special thanks to Nashville based musicians, Vance Fite and Matt Kass, for creating the theme music for Pretty Please!